Bio Energy Medical Center offers several IV-Therapies including—Vitamin C, Meyer, Chelation, and Glutathione.
VITAMIN C IV-THERAPY
Vitamin C IV-Therapy includes numerous minerals and vitamins that help support the immune system, fight infection, reduce inflammation and improve fatigue. High dose Vitamin C therapy has also been used to treat certain cancerous conditions with positive outcomes ranging from improved quality of life to tumor death.
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. Unlike most mammals and other animals, humans do not have the ability to make their own vitamin C. Therefore, we must obtain vitamin C through our diet.
Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bone. Vitamin C also plays an important role in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter, norepinephrine. Neurotransmitters are critical to brain function and are known to affect mood. In addition, vitamin C is required for the synthesis of carnitine, a small molecule that is essential for the transport of fat into cellular organelles called mitochondria, where the fat is converted to energy. Research also suggests that vitamin C is involved in the metabolism of cholesterol to bile acids, which may have implications for blood cholesterol levels and the incidence of gallstones.
Vitamin C is also a highly effective antioxidant. Even in small amounts, vitamin C can protect indispensable molecules in the body, such as proteins, lipids (fats), carbohydrates, and nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species that can be generated during normal metabolism as well as through exposure to toxins and pollutants (e.g., cigarette smoke). Vitamin C may also be able to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamin E.
Oral ascorbate is a vitamin and its uptake is tightly controlled and is an antioxidant. Intravenous ascorbate is a drug and plasma and tissue levels are attained many times above oral dosing, allowing the development of hydrogen peroxide, (which means it is working as a pro-oxidant not an antioxidant like the oral form). Hydrogen peroxide is the agent responsible for targeted neoplastic cell death while leaving normal cells unharmed.
See links for more information and research on IV Vitamin C in patients with cancer:
The Myers' Cocktail is a powerful blend of vitamins and minerals designed for IV use. It was originally developed in the 1970s by Dr. John Myers, a Maryland physician. Since then, many people all over the world have been using the Myers' Cocktail to help treat a broad spectrum of health conditions. This formula is designed to improve fatigue and overall function. It combines Vitamin C, individual B-Vitamins (B5, B6, and B12), B-Complex, calcium, Magnesium, and trace minerals. It is the perfect “pick me up” when you are feeling under the weather.
Heavy metals are ubiquitous in our environment. Although efforts have been made to clean up the environment, we still frequently hear reports of municipal water supplies, painted toys, herbs, and even medications that have been contaminated with heavy metals. Although one of the better municipal water supplies, Detroit city water contains lead. Coal burning factories and power plants release mercury into the air for us to breathe. Fish are notorious for containing mercury and lead. Aluminum is everywhere (antiperspirant, foil, cookware, antacids, etc.). Cigarette smoke frequently contains cadmium. Many dentists continue to use silver amalgams, which contain mercury. The sources are multiple and varied. BEMC incorporates chelation therapy as part of many detox programs. A chelator is any substance that binds a metal and assists in its removal from the body. This process is critical to our overall health. Studies have linked heavy metals with a number of health problems including cancer, degenerative nervous system disorders, digestive/abdominal complaints, and vascular disease. At BEMC we match the chelator to the medical problem and the type of heavy metal toxicity. Through testing of urine after a chelator is given, we can determine which metals are present and what is the best chelator to use.
EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is a chelator used to treat vascular disease. Vascular (heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, peripheral artery disease) disease is caused by free radical damage to the arterial wall. The body tries to repair this damage by calling in lipids, and thus a plaque is started. If the inflammation persists in the artery, the plaque continues to grow and eventually ruptures. A clot forms on the ruptured area and a heart attack or stroke results. Heavy metals (particularly lead) have been implicated in causing or worsening arterial disease. Because it removes lead; and therefore, acts as an antioxidant, EDTA can be helpful in the treatment of vascular disease. EDTA is currently approved only for the treatment of acute lead toxicity. Its use for the treatment of vascular disease is considered “of label.” There is an ongoing study sponsored by the NIH to determine EDTA’s effectiveness at treating heart disease. Typically, EDTA is administered intravenously (along with magnesium, and vitamin C) once per week for a series of 20 to 30 treatments.
GLUTATHIONE (pronounced "gloota-thigh-own"), is the mother of all antioxidants, the master detoxifier and maestro of the immune system.
Glutathione is a very simple molecule that is produced naturally all the time in your body. It is a combination of three simple building blocks of protein or amino acids—cysteine, glycine and glutamine.
The secret of its power is the sulfur (SH) chemical groups it contains. Sulfur is a sticky, smelly molecule. It acts like fly paper and all the bad things in the body stick onto it, including free radicals and toxins like mercury and other heavy metals.
Reduced glutathione (GSH) is a substance made in the cells of our body and is unique because it is both a reducing and a conjugating agent. This means that it is a major antioxidant as a free radical scavenger and an essential component of phase two liver detoxification. It’s an unusual amino acid because it can do two jobs to protect us from toxins: First, it neutralizes free radicals in our body, like toxic compounds from Phase 1 detoxification. Second, it combines with Phase 2 toxic chemicals to form a water-soluble conjugate that can be excreted in the bile and urine.
Normally glutathione is recycled in the body—except when the toxic load becomes too great.
The good news is that your body produces its own glutathione. The bad news is that poor diet, pollution, toxins, medications, stress, trauma, aging, infections and radiation all deplete your glutathione. This can leave you susceptible to unrestrained cell disintegration from oxidative stress, free radicals, infections and cancer. As your glutathione depletes, your liver gets overloaded and damaged, making it unable to do its job of detoxification properly.
IV glutathione is becoming an increasingly important part of the intravenous nutrient therapy toolkit. Excellent results across a variety of conditions, including serious chronic diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease, severe toxicity, liver disease, MS, central nervous system damage, kidney disease and cardiovascular disease, have been seen.
IV-Therapies range from $100-$165 (pkg prices available at a lower cost), depending on the complexity and length of time.
NATURAL DEFENSE THERAPY
Vitamin infusion boosts the immune system big time, protecting yourself naturally from disease.
- Avoid getting sick by fueling your immune system with high-impact nutrients to keep you resilient.
- Obtain powerful antioxidants to fight against airborne illnesses floating around work or home.
- Maintain a healthy nervous system and improve the cardiovascular function of the body.
- Improve your body’s ability to withstand stress, intense levels of work or travel.
FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH THERAPY
Manage aging, get healthier skin, nails, and hair.
- Rehydrate your skin after excessive sun exposure to avoid wrinkles.
- Replenish your body with nutrients that nourish your hair, skin, and nails so they appear healthier.
- Reduce the visible signs of aging and feel better about your appearance.
- Detox and eliminate toxins from your system, so you look younger.
THE EXECUTIVE THERAPY
Improves your energy levels and mood, feel sharp and mentally alert at work & after hours.
- Feel sharper and clearer to perform daily activities with precision.
- Improve your overall mood, so you can be more productive during your workday.
- Get energy to exercise or pick up a hobby after hours.
- Combat stress by feeling relaxed and in control over your tasks.
- Avoid getting sick by keeping your immune system strong and healthy.
RISE AND SHINE THERAPY
Stop feeling groggy and unmotivated by empowering your cells with powerful electrolytes. Get over your hangover in under an hour with this vitamin infusion.
- Avoid headaches, dizziness after a long night with little to no sleep.
- Obtain the energy to bounce back, be productive and get things done.
- Empower your immune system to protect you, so you don't get sick.
- Hydrate your brain and other organs, so you can function completely without putting more strain on your body.
- Be alert and ready to take on your day.
PERFORMANCE HYDRATION THERAPY
Empower your body to win. Gives you energy, recovers muscles, and improves your athletic performance.
- Increase stamina and energy to perform your best in any physical activity.
- Be mentally alert and focused to meet your fitness or athletic goals.
- Strengthen muscles before and after intense physical activity.
- Recover your energy levels naturally and bounce back from complete exhaustion.
- Combat fatigue and stay motivated to train for longer hours.
THE LIQUILIFT™ THERAPY
Combines all nutrients for maximum impact.
- Obtain maximum results by receiving all of the vitamins and minerals included in other Liquivida IV drips.
- Get a higher dose of B12 vitamins to give your brain clarity.
- Get the right amount of micronutrients to reactivate cells that produce healthy looking hair and skin.
- Empower your liver to detoxify chemicals, metabolize prescription medicine, and break down damaged blood cells.